D3EM fellowship supports motivated and talented graduate students interested in the area of Data-Enabled Discovery and Design of Energy Materials (D3EM). This fellowship is supported by the National Science Foundation’s (NSF’s) Research Traineeship Program (NRT), through the grant awarded to Texas A&M University (http://www.nsf.gov).
This fellowship covers a stipend ($34,000 per year), plus tuition and eligible fees for all recipients for one or two years (preferably the first and/or second year of their graduate studies)
Who is eligible for D3EM fellowship?
Current or prospective domestic (U.S citizens or permanent residents) graduate students who want to specialize in the area of materials informatics and design and who are currently enrolled, admitted or under consideration for admission to M.S or Ph.D. programs at Texas A&M University:
Graduate students currently enrolled at Texas A&M University should have a GPA of over 3.25 to be considered for this fellowship. Prospective students who are admitted or under consideration for admission to a graduate program at Texas A&M University should have previous GPAs over 3.00.
How to apply?
Students applying for D3EM fellowship starting from the Fall semester year should submit their application no later than December 15, 2019. Recipients of the fellowship will be announced in early Spring.
Completed applications should include:
– Application form (click here to access the application form)
– Updated CV with a list of publications and presentations
– Nomination letter from one of the D3EM faculty (for the list of faculty click here)
– Essay describing why you want to specialize in Data-Enabled Discovery and Design of Energy Materials during your graduate program and how this program can benefit your graduate education.
– Unofficial graduate transcript (only for students currently enrolled to graduate program at Texas A&M University)
Note: Fellowship recipients seeking renewal for the second year have to apply again following the procedure described above. In addition to other required documents, they have to submit D3EM Fellowship report on their research and academic achievement within the previous academic year.